Specialising in waxing for more than 11 years, we have had a fair few guys through the doors and and we pride ourselves on specialising in male waxing and laser hair removal – or should we say ‘Manscaping’ – we even have dedicated male waxing rooms in some bigger salons. One of Senior Therapists, Terri has been waxing for 9 years and has many regular male clients. She notes ‘There is a real difference in male skin and hair – with male hair generally being quite a bit thicker and more resilient. The first wax will always be the most uncomfortable but if you keep coming regularly you will really notice that the hair gets thinner and there will be less of it so each appointment should get quicker and easier. If you have been used to shaving you will notice a massive difference in the re-growth; it will be a lot softer, less itchy and less noticeable. We will also recommend products to moisturise and soothe the area, as well as minimise ingrown hairs, bumps and blemishes so your overall skin quality in the area should be visible improved.’
For any sensitive area we use ‘hot wax’ – this dries on the skin and is removed with a quick flick of the hand, pulling in the opposite direction to hair growth. For larger areas such as the chest or back we use Strip wax – this is a thinner wax that is applied to the skin and then removed with a thin fabric that the wax clings to. We use the most up to date techniques to minimise pain and protect the skin.
If waxing doesn’t sounds like your cup of tea have you thought about laser hair removal? Advances in technology have made this form of hair removal much safer and less painful making it perfect for areas of hair that you want to remove for good. You will generally need a course of 6 six treatments per area (you need to leave about 6 weeks between each appointment) and after your course of laser treatments you will generally only need the odd top up treatment. You can book in for a complimentary patch test and consultation with our laser experts by calling 0207 590 0050 or filling our online form https://www.striphairremovalexperts.com/laser-enquiry/
*Our top 5*
After analysing our booking diary and checking with many a wife or partner we have put together our top 5 male treatments – some of them may surprise you!
- Nose and ears: With Valentine’s Day coming up you may well be staring into your loved ones eyes….. or will they be obsessing over those niggley hairs protruding from your nose or ears? We use a spatula to apply the wax to each area and once dry the wax and spatula are whipped away taking the hair with it. It will be over in minutes and nose waxing in particular can be really cleansing and even make it feel easier to breathe. Terri, our waxing queen admits that she loves nose waxing – apparently pulling the spatula off is great for anger management… gentlemen you have been warned!
- Neck: All is well and good for the first week or so post haircut and then you notice the neck stubble taking on a life of its own. This unruly area can be tamed very quickly and easily at any Strip salon. And once you start waxing regularly you’ll really notice a difference in the hair thickness and quantity so the treatments will become less painful and take less time
- Male Brazilian: Ok so this one isn’t for everyone but it is one of our top male treatments. Our therapists undergo intensive training before they are let loose in this area. We’re not promising it will be a walk in the park but we use a post wax oil to protect the skin and your therapist will advise you to stretch the skin to minimise the pain. It is also a great treatment from a hygiene point of view especially if you have a lot of hair in the area. Plus, the shorter the grass the taller the tree. Just saying
- Back: The last few years have seen embracing men embracing their testosterone fuelled hairy chests and you know – we get that. A hairy back however is a bit too ape like for most of us. This treatment uses Strip wax which is good for covering a large area and generally takes about 20 minutes.
- Eyebrows: No we will not make you look like Joey from Friends in that episode. In fact most people won’t even notice you have had your eyebrows done – the subtle change will make you look more awake, can open up your face to make you appear younger and it won’t hurt (again we use hot wax, specially designed for sensitive areas).
Book online now at any of our branches: Notting Hill, Chelsea, Islington, Soho, One New Change, Loughton, Harvey Nichols Bristol