- Have a tape measure on hand.
We recommend getting yourself measured every year or so as our bodies change over time but if you don’t have time to pop into a store you can always do a DIY job.
How to measure yourself
- Measure around your rib cage (in inches), under the bust, making sure your tape is straight all the way around. This is the underband measurement.
- Next, measure over the fullest part of the bust, again making sure the tape is straight and not twisted.
- Finally subtract the underband measurement from the over bust measurement to get the cup size.
2. Decide how much you want to spend
Looking to get a good deal? Online shopping is your friend here as you can browse different online stores for a discount. At Strip we offer 10% off just for signing up to our newsletters plus we often have flash sales and special promotions so keep an eye on emails for the best deals. Scroll down to the bottom of the website to find the sign up box!
3. What’s your preferred style?
When was the last time you went through your underwear drawer? Pull out all your bras and focus on the ones you wear most often… are they soft cup, push up or balconette…? When shopping online it can be easier to stock up on styles that you know look good!
4. If in doubt go for a soft cup
Many of our soft cup styles come in small, medium or large and are much more likely to fit if you are unsure of your size (this is particularly useful if you are trying out a new brand).
As a general rule small is good for 30/32 a and b cups, medium is good for 32/34 b to c cups and large usually fits 34/36 c to d cups
5. Try something different
Whether it’s a style, brand or colour don’t be scared to branch out and try something new! There has been a massive trend in underwear as outerwear – which means designers have been adding extra details like quirky straps or extra details on the back. Try wearing your new purchases with a sheer top or backless jumper to really show off your swag.
6. Complete the look
You’d never buy a new outfit and not think about the shoes and the same applies to your underwear. Even if it’s just for everyday wear, you should always look for matching pieces. Plus if you’re anything like us wearing matching underwear will really make you feel like you’re winning at life!